Useful Library Links
Library Digital Resources
Access Ebooks and Audiobooks through Yakima Valley Libraries
Digital Pass - If you don't already have a Yakima Valley Library Card, and you are 13 years or older, you can get a Digital Pass. Click here to Get Your Digital Pass.
- Find Ebooks and Audiobooks - Once you've logged in to YVL.org with your digital pass you can use all the E-Library resources. Most books will be on Overdrive. You can read books from your Chromebook, or get the app for your phone.
- Search and Filter - Once you are in Overdrive app, you can search for books, filter the results for books that are available now, format (ebooks or audiobooks). You can also put books on hold if there aren't copies available.
100 Books to Read Before Graduation
Take the Challenge: Read 100 books before you graduate! Open to the classes of 2021-2025, and books you read between 7th grade and senior year are eligible, so start tracking! You can track any book you have read from right now (after May 18th, 2020) until you graduate! You can track using the tracker (make a copy of the tracker below to do it electronically) or you can pick up a tracker from the HS library, or you can just keep track on plain old paper. We've got a list of suggested books, but you don't have to stick to them. Register for the challenge below! If you have questions, stop by and see Ms. Chicken in the High School Library!
Support Ram Readers! Buy a book from our Amazon Wishlist!
2020-2021 Ram Readers Book Club
Ram Reader Book Club Meets on the First Friday of every month, during 1st and 2nd lunch in the library. Join us for books, friends, and fun! We provide the books for every member whenever possible.
- EasyBib: Bibliography and Citation Maker. Check results against our WVHS MLA Style Guidelines, particularly citations of web pages.
- WebPath Express: Internet search for educationally valid sites.
- WVHS MLA Style Guidelines: Instructions & examples for citations, annotated bibliography, parenthetical references & formatting papers.
- WebMD: Health information
- Pixabay: Image Search
- Yakima Valley Libraries
- Art History Timelines Images Organized by Art Movements
- Art in the Picture Introduction to Art History
- Artcyclopedia: Artists by Movement Guide to Great Art Online
- Getty Museum Images and Information from Collection
- Louvre Museum Images and Information about Exhibitions and Collection
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Timeline of Art History Images and Information plus Links to Collection
- National Gallery of Art Classroom Images, Information and Lessons
- National Gallery of Art, USA Images and Information from Collections and Exhibitions
- Tate Museums, Britain Images and Information from Exhibitions and Collections
- Web Gallary of Art Virtual Museum of 11th to 19th Century European Art
- NYTimes Argument Prompts 200 prompts with resource links
- Oxford Dictionaries Online Definitions, derivations, articles about language
- Big Myth, The Creation myths from around the world
- Classics Pages, The Greek mythology in updated language
- Encyclopedia Mythica7,000 articles about Greek, Roman and world mythology
- Greek Mythology Comprehensive coverage; links to full-text classic lit
- Greek Mythology From the Iliad to the fall of the last tyrant
- Greek Mythology Gods Greek gods, titans, heroes and events of mythology
- Irish Myths and Legends Variety of full-text Celtic myths
- Myths From Around the World Myths from 15 different geographical regions
- Theoi Greek Mythology Mythology in classical literature and art
- World Mythology Click on map for myths of different world cultures
- World of Myths Greek, Roman and Norse gods and heroes
- Arms Control Association Country Profiles of Weapons, Policies and Practices
- Nuclear Pursuits Statistics and Info for Israel, India, So. Africa, Pakistan, and No. Korea
- Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) Country Profiles of Nuclear, Chemical, Biological and Missile Programs
- World Nuclear Forces Current Status by Country
- Poetry 180A Poem a Day for American High Schools
- Poetry Out Loud Poems, Performances and Information about the Contest Speeches
- American Rhetoric Rhetorical practice and speech bank with transcripts, audio and/or video
- Famous Speeches and Speech Topics Includes extracts, passages or lines from famous speeches
- Gifts of Speech Transcripts of women's speeches from around the world
- History Place Great Speeches Collection Transcripts of historically significant speeches
- So*Just Transcripts and information for speeches on social justice
- 4 Tests Free online practice tests for GED, ACT, SAT and ASVAB
- About the GED Test Information and sample questions
- College Board SAT SAT Practice Test Questions
- Free Official SAT Practice Tests
- GED Prep Info Information and sample questions
- Major Test SAT Prep SAT practice tests
- McGraw-Hill's Practice Plus ACT, SAT, AP, and PSAT information and practice tests
- Test Guide Free no-registration ACT practice tests
- Test Prep Practice Free online ACT practice tests
- The ACT ACT practice questions
- Landmark Cases of the U. S. Supreme Court Overview, background, decision and resources; also teaching info.
- Legal Law Institute, Cornell Univ. Law School Constitution, Supreme Court, Federal Laws and Rules, Some State Laws
- Oyez: U. S. Supreme Court Media Cases and information; search by issue or term; also summaries and audio
- Supreme Court of the United States Official site with documents and information
U.S. Popular Culture
- American Fashion Through the Decades: Cultural and historical context of decades reflected in fashion
- Decade by Decade: Links for each decade of the 20th Century
- Fast Facts: Highlights for each decade by the U. S. Census Bureau
- People History, The Events, social culture, inventions and technology by decades